RET has been a household name in the city and Rotterdam region for almost 150 years. We have been providing regional public transport services as privatised company since July 2007. RET is a two-tier board public limited company. The Municipality of Rotterdam and the Metropoolregio Rotterdam Den Haag (MRDH) are the sole shareholders. CEO Maurice Unck is responsible for the general management of RET.
- Staff departments: the Management and Development, HR, Communications and Management Media Relations staff departments work behind the scenes to ensure that business operations proceed smoothly.
- Operations: this business unit handles transport by tram, metro and fast ferry, the issue of tickets, traffic control and safety supervision. It consists of the following departments: Rail, Operations Office, Safety, Central Traffic Control and Marketing, Sales and Services.
- Bus private limited company: following the acquisition of Qbuzz, bus transport services were placed in a private limited company that has the following departments: Bus Staff, Bus Operations and Bus Rolling Stock.
- Finances: the Business Control, Group Control, ICT, Procurement & Contract Management and Group Administration departments are the links between finances and the business.
- Engineering: the Engineering Office, Fleet Services, Fleet Management, Infrastructure Management and Infrastructure Services departments ensure that our infrastructure and vehicles are in perfect condition. Employees of these departments carry out repairs and maintenance work, also in terms of preventive maintenance, and play a key role in new construction and replacement.